27 January 2011

A Beautiful Mess


Baltimore County, MD - Cross Country Blvd.
One would think I would be used to the snow being from the North. I am not. I like to look at snow but beyond looking, snow is a "no go" for me. Oh and freezing cold weather - another "no go". Well...last night (Wednesday) it snowed. Oh and Tuesday it snowed. I hear it's supposed to snow again on Friday or is it Saturday. And typically with lots of snow city's and towns either close early or shut down. Can you see where I am going with this? Yes, No, Maybe So?

If you didn't see where I was going...well, I'm snowed in. If you're snowed in too, then I'm sure you feel my pain. What a beautiful mess - literally and figuratively.

As I sit here and type this entry my monster of a son is taking a "forced" nap a few feet away from me and inside I am totally ecstatic because he has been  driving me crazy since 9AM and  at this second I can slightly breath. I won't dare to breath too hard for fear that he'll either hear me or smell my breath (smile) and wake up. Hey, don't judge me...it's the truth! I'm usually this time to read my favorites online, clean-up around the house and snack on the limited amount of snacks we have.  I also took a few pictures (and shacked one).  The first picture (above) is courtesy of a colleague who lives on another area of the county.  The last two pics are of the snow fall in my area and the mess that comes along with a snow day.

Baltimore County, MD - Nottingham

The monsters room
I thought the picture provided by my colleague was absolutely amazing and stunning. Don't worry his family made it home safe - I think.  The other two pictures...well...they are nice. I captured the tree shadows hitting the snow artistically. Ha, Ha, Ha.  However, the picture of the boys room, I guess it speaks for itself. He will hate having to clean up later - I can guarantee that! And if school is closed tomorrow I will not be a happy mommy - you can double guarantee that.

Crap...I see movement! The boy just rolled over - did I breath too hard? Gotta run! Good day friends.

If you have bad weather how did you spend your day? In Bliss or pissed? Do tell! If you had sunny skies and awesome weather...well, keep it to yourself. j/k. Throw some this way!

No comments:

Post a Comment