14 February 2011

Happy Heart Day!

This past weekend was quite an event. I usually like to keep the weekend’s extremely low key. What does that mean? Well, visit family, possible trip to the market, the library, mixed with loads of laundry. But this weekend I/ we/"E":

Saturday
  • Took my two younger cousins downtown to watch a protest staged by middle school students in response to a historic building being slighted for demolition.
  • Picked up a small treat for my dad for his birthday – extra sweet raspberry and cream pastry from the bakery, specially wrap by me and handed off by my son with a rendition of happy birthday.
  • "E" made Valentine’s Day cards for the kids in his class.  This was the first time E has ever painted - that I know of - I watched in horror not excited about what I'd have to clean up! What a mess, but great fun - sorta. (Materials: card stock, small heart punch, water color paint, stamps).
                                  
Valentine's Day Cards made for friends @ school.
 
  • Made heart shaped sugar cookies for the grandparents – that was trial and error. I am so not Martha! The end result was cool though.
  • Had dinner with my parents and presented them their special treats. Before and after dinner, E gave orders and tried to get everyone to play in his room…we partially declined and enjoyed television in the living room, and as a result most of E’s toys ended up in the living room.

Sunday
  • Enjoyed a great oatmeal breakfast and lovely church service
  • Delivered more cookies and visited family
  • Laundry and prep for Monday
All in all, I’d say the weekend was interesting – a change in the norm – I loved it. However, we won’t be painting for a long time!

How did you spend your weekend? 
Any special plans for Valentine’s Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment